[CT Birds] Migrating cormorants

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Apr 21 06:46:33 EDT 2015

They are on the move.  I actually added D-c Cormorant to my yard list the other day with a V of them flying high overhead.   The gulls helped me get them.  I was talking to neighbors...converting them over to the dark side of birding as it happens, and a shadow crossed the sun.   It was a Ring-billed Gull, but as I blocked out the sun to see the gulls I noticed the flock of cormorants also crossing near the sun.  Was hoping to pick out a Great Cormorant, but they were just too high up.

Species #147 for the yard list and pretty amazing that I had Tundra Swan, Mourning and Cape May Warblers before I had Double-crested Cormorant.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut