[CT Birds] Hawk Food

Joe Zygala shilohdad01 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 20:15:29 EDT 2015

Are you sure they are eating worms? A few years ago our resident pair of Broad-wings would sit in our trees, staring at the ground. Then, one would pounce down to the ground. What were they getting? Then, once, one had to sort of hit twice before coming up with ... a mole! Moles had been the bane of our life (lawn?). Those Broad-wings really put a dent in our mole population, to the point where they are no longer a problem. Go Broad-wings!

Joe Zygala
South Salem, NY

Sent from my iPad