[CT Birds] Motherload of Purple Finches in Somers

roughleg at cox.net roughleg at cox.net
Thu Apr 23 19:42:28 EDT 2015

This morning I had at least 33 Purple Finches.  At first there were predominately females -- maybe six or seven and two males.  Then more females came in and were everywhere. and my count was 17 females and three males.  Five minutes later the males arrived and I counted at least 16 before they were spooked.  They were all over the ground and in my feeders.  So my "official" total is 33 plus.  Also two Pine Siskens, a Pine Warbler and a couple of White-throated Sparrows.