[CT Birds] FOY Warbling Vireo and N. Parula

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Fri Apr 24 15:19:45 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Our hummingbird feeders were put up on the porch of the Coastal Center this past Sunday, 4/19. A few minutes after it was put up, our volunteers, Keith and Colleen Thomas saw a Ruby-throated Hummingbird come to the Feeder, so they're back!  Things were hopping this morning at Mondo Ponds. While scouting for my Hidden Gems bid walk tomorrow at 7:45 a.m. (meet at JFK School), we found 3-4, FOY Northern Parulas, 2 Warbling Vireos, a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, 17 Yellow-rumped Warblers, slews of swallows, and a host of other species. It was a nice morning. I look forward to going back tomorrow. If anyone would like to tag along, please call Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502 to register.

Frank Gallo

Connecticut Audubon Socieety
Coastal Center at Milford Point
1 Milford Point Rd, Milford 06460