[CT Birds] Pretty good day today for birds

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 19:01:10 EDT 2015

Good evening,

I met a friend at Hammo today around 10:30 after going through the Nehantic
State Forest. While at Hammonassett we saw the following:
These birds were in the pond near the West Beach, on the right side of the
road while heading to the Nature Center.
4 Great Egrets
2 Snowy Egrets
1 Glossy Ibis
2 Little Blue Herons

>From the Nature Center area:

3 Red Wing Blackbirds
12-15 Tree Swallows
3 Killdeer (in the grassy parking area)

Bauer Park in Madison
12 Tree Swallows
4 Bluebirds
2 Osprey flying over

So today, I got my FOY Little Blue Herons, and Killdeers!

My friend Bonnie and I were trying to remember where the GH Owls are in the
camping area and I had no idea. We then ventured into Guilford, several
places - Bonnie lives in Madison so she knows that are well. We saw Ospreys
every place we stopped at and that is awesome, considering that they are
making a huge comeback after those awful years that hurt them, Bald Eagles
and lots of fish and other sealife.  If anyone knows where the GH Owl is,
is it okay to let me know? I do not go near the birds as I have a good
telephoto lens and also a scope so no need to be close.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Jeri Duefrene
Niantic