[CT Birds] Granby - Rusty Blackbird, late Fox Sparrow

John Weeks aerie.john at cox.net
Sat Apr 25 19:25:37 EDT 2015

Spent the day birding Granby for the kickoff of the Hartford Audubon Society annual Spring Census.  Tallied 56 species today (57 if we find a woodcock this evening).  Highlights were a rusty blackbird, seen singing and fanning its tail only 20 feet away, and a late fox sparrow who serenaded us.  Also watched a black vulture as it sailed overhead while we enjoyed a chorus of American toads at our feet.

John Weeks
Chris Chinni
North Granby