[CT Birds] None birding

Kevin Doyle kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Sun Apr 26 21:12:01 EDT 2015

Can any member offer me help on setting my IMac to process Nikon raw NEF without Iphoto getting in the way.

I have photoshop elements 11 as well as photoshop & lightroom.

I download through Iphoto the images show up as unprocessed raw when I crop them and save to a new album somewhere Iphoto or mac is saving them as jpegs with no post editing.

Open each image after the fact editing can only be done as a jpeg.

I am lost ... Imac apple books show me nothing and the Apple store in the mall had no clue. With all the talent out there I'm hoping someone can give me simple directions.

Thank you.

Spent the day at Tarrywile Park in Danbury with the tree swallows honing my raw skills hopefully.  These guys really put on a show ... though for reasons I can't explain they aren't as active as the past few years. Far less numbers from what I can see. Lastly they appeared to be concentrating on only 4 nest boxes when there are over 20.

Kevin from New Milford
Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from Blue Mail