[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, 4-26-15 FOY Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, mystery birds

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 22:38:50 EDT 2015

Heard a bird or possibly two singing at a distance,  but no real idea what
it was. Sounded vireo-like, but I don't think Blue-headed  or Warbling. Near
where I hear Purple finches, but not really like them at all.  I don't know
Yellow-throated vireo well enough to be sure, but I really didn't  think
they sounded like that either. If it's not way too early for them,  Red-eyed
might be a possibility. Maybe Rose-breasted Grosbeak? Probably never  know.

Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Windham, US-CT
Apr 26, 2015 8:30 AM - 1:30  PM
Protocol: Traveling
10.0 mile(s)
36 species

Canada  Goose  2
Wood Duck  2
Mallard  1
Great Blue Heron   1
Turkey Vulture  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Mourning Dove   4
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  2
Pileated  Woodpecker  1
Eastern Phoebe  15
Blue-headed Vireo   4
Blue Jay  8
Common Raven  1
Tree Swallow   1
Black-capped Chickadee  12
Tufted Titmouse  4
Red-breasted  Nuthatch  1
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
Brown Creeper   2
Winter Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  2      First of year
Hermit Thrush  1
American Robin  8
Gray  Catbird  1
Louisiana Waterthrush  2