[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/yale Forest, Ashford/Union FOY G B Heron, Common Mergansers

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 17:08:02 EDT 2015

Of course the weather wasn't great so I started and  finished late, and the
woods were very quiet. But thanks to my BH/YF FOY Great  Blue Heron and
first ever Common Mergansers, I still got the biggest list to  date this year.
I was told a few days ago that someone had seen a male  Common Merg by the
bridge over Bigelow Brook, but these were way up north in a  roadside pond
in Union.
Broad-winged Hawks finally in numbers, 4 today, doing a lot of  shouting.
Another Northern Waterthrush. Lots of Chipping Sparrows now. Time for  a
Black-throated Green.
Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Windham, US-CT
Apr 21, 2015 9:45 AM - 3:15  PM
Protocol: Traveling
12.0 mile(s)
Comments:     FOY  Great Blue Heron and first ever Common Mergansers at BH,
for me.
36 species  (+1 other taxa)

Wood Duck  2
Common Merganser  9