[CT Birds] Hawk Food

Bruce A. bka11 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 22 11:49:58 EDT 2015

Anyone got a Broadwing I can borrow????

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Zygala
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:15 PM
To: twomirers at comcast.net
Cc: <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Hawk Food

Are you sure they are eating worms? A few years ago our resident pair of
Broad-wings would sit in our trees, staring at the ground. Then, one would
pounce down to the ground. What were they getting? Then, once, one had to
sort of hit twice before coming up with ... a mole! Moles had been the bane
of our life (lawn?). Those Broad-wings really put a dent in our mole
population, to the point where they are no longer a problem. Go Broad-wings!

Joe Zygala
South Salem, NY

Sent from my iPad