[CT Birds] Pine Siskin and Purple Finch in Hamden

Florence McBride fmcb_warbler at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 12:22:03 EDT 2015

Hamden, Spring Glen feeder 1/24/2015:  One Pine Siskin at the hulled sunflower seed feeder this morning - the first one I've seen here in several weeks (but we were away 3/25-4/8).  Yesterday morning there was a first for this feeder season in our yard, a Purple Finch, female.  I think I got a fleeting glimpse of her, or a different female, on the clothesline this morning, but the bird zoomed off before I could grab the binoculars.