[CT Birds] Westport- (Nesting?) BOAT-TAILED GRACKLES

Jory Teltser aliencricket21 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:28:49 EDT 2015

4/24/15-Westport-Bedford Middle School
This morning, I had one singing adult male BOAT-TAILED GRACKLE at the top
of a tree to the right of Wakeman town Farm, on Wakeman road.  On the bus
this afternoon, while driving by the same location as this morning, I had
an adult male and an adult female flyover.  At first glance, I would not
suspect this is ideal habitat for them to nest in, but it is quite
possible, specially with the behavior they have been demonstrating.  I will
try and regularly check this location to see if their behavior suggests
they are nesting. I'm hoping they will nest and I'll see juvenile birds this

Jory Teltser