[CT Birds] Posting Links

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sat May 2 06:13:05 EDT 2015

Several recent messages that should have included links ended up going out on the list without the links.  I know at least some of these are from birders using the Yahoo email interface to compose the message.  There are two ways to avoid the problem.

One is to post as plain text.  For the version of the Yahoo interface I use there is a line below where I type that has the Send button.  When it is in plain text mode there are very few icons on that line.  Otherwise there are icons for links, fonts, colors and other such departures from plain text.  To the right of those icons there are symbols, "<<" and ">>", to switch modes.

The other fix, and the problem behind it, is new.  When composing with fonts and the other enhancements available, if I paste a link I suddenly get a box with a preview of what the page looks like.  If I leave it like that, when the fancy stuff is removed by CTBirds the link is lost.  However that box has an X that can cancel it.  If I click the X the box closes and the link goes through as text.

Hope that helps someone.

Good birding!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT