[CT Birds] Ferry to Fishers Island (Brian Kleinman)

Brian Kleinman snaketat at cox.net
Tue Apr 28 20:24:01 EDT 2015

I had a job on Fishers Island (NY) today.  On the Ferry to the island I saw
15 SURF SCOTER and many COMMON LOONS in CT waters.  On the island I got a
private tour from a local historian, notable birds were 200+ COMMON EIDER ­
some in pairs and some in large rafts.  A Pair of AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHERS
and a SHORT-EARED OWL on the eastern tip of the island.  On the way back I
saw many more SURF SCOTERS and COMMON LOONS in both CT and NY waters and in
the mouth of the Thames River there was a RED-NECKED GREBE.

Brian Kleinman
Riverside Reptiles
(860) 653-2535