[CT Birds] Wood Pond

Kevin Doyle kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Wed Apr 29 18:35:25 EDT 2015

I trust I have the name correct the pond in Norwalk ... day late with post wi-fi bit the dust last night ... Tuesday via Monday's post with 2 pair of wood ducks ... I found those 2 plus what I believed were 8 other males sort of hanging out together ... no other females. The 2 pair presented great photo-ops by swimming within 15 feet of the shore line. Surprised at how close they came.

I am aware people know about the eagle nest in Milford ... female popped up from sitting on 3 eggs so we were told via credible Audubon people ... gave several children the thrill of a lifetime ... One mother even told us her kids are so excited she had to buy them eagle books so they can learn about them.

Then another group got to see the male return carrying a clump of grass and the female depart.

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from Blue Mail