[CT Birds] Thanks for a great Rusty Blackbird Blitz season!

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Thu Apr 30 12:39:23 EDT 2015

Thank you to everyone who has submitted Rusty Blackbird sightings to
eBird this spring!  Although today marks the close of the target Blitz
dates in Connecticut, the Blitz isn’t over!  In 2014, Rusty migration
was later than usual through many states, and birders were reporting
Rusty Blackbirds in some southern states in early April, and in northern
states through early May.  Even outside of our official Blitz window for
Connecticut, we still need all of your Rusty Blackbird observations to
help understand Rusty Blackbird migratory timing and habitat use.  The
international Blitz runs through June 15, so please continue to submit
your observations to the “Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz”
protocol on eBird until then.  Thanks for supporting this international
initiative to learn more about Rusty Blackbirds!

Also, you can still enter your Rusty Blackbird sightings from this March
and April into eBird through June 15 if you have not yet had the time.
If you need help, please let me know. It is absolutely critical we get
every 2015 Connecticut Rusty Blackbird sighting into eBird as soon as

Thanks again,

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street