[CT Birds] Bradley Airport PIPING PLOVER

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 14:43:40 EDT 2015

Definitely a great record. When I lived in NJ, I had a single bird at an inland reservoir (Spruce Run) probably about the same distance from the coast as Bradley is from the Sound. In that case what really amazed me was the plover's ability to find the tiniest bit of appropriate habitat. It had landed on a small white sand bathing beach at the reservoir's recreation area. I believe that record was associated with bad weather.
Gre HansekWaterbury