[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest; 5 FOY Warblers, Oriole, Coopers Hawk - Ebird problem?

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue May 5 20:13:36 EDT 2015

I have been unable to get an Ebird checklist to go with this  report by
emailing myself from the Ebird website. Anyone else having this  problem?

The Forest is filling up fast, with lots more of the species  already
present and 5 new ones today.  Blue winged, Magnolia  and  Blackburian Warblers,
along with several Baltimore Orioles and a Coopers Hawk,  which I don't see
too often there. Total of 54 species; highest to  date.
I am seeing less of some of the early arrivals; some may have  moved on,
others have settled in and are being less conspicuous. There  are still more
yellow-rumps around than I have ever seen at one time before  in the Yale
Forest, and I'm wondering how many might stay and nest there.  They have before
and I believe 1 pair did last year.
There are more Black-and -white Warblers than I have ever found  at one
time before. Can't stop anywhere in the forest without hearing one or  more.
They normally nest in the forest, so I wonder if any will move on.  Maybe too
crowded?
The first Blackburinan took me by  surprise because for a moment I thought
it was just another B+W. Turned out  there were at least 4 though, spread
out through the area. The Orioles are being  sneaky, singing softly and
sparingly and I had to listen for a while to be sure  that's what I heard.
Eventually saw several though.
I'm anxiously waiting to hear the First Rb Grosbeaks and S.  Tanagers now;
shouldn't be long.

Don Morgan, Coventry,  Ct
mntncougar at aol.com