[CT Birds] White-rumped Sandpipers

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed May 6 14:36:53 EDT 2015

There were at least 5 White-rumped Sandpipers mixed in with ~150 Semipalmated Sandpipers, ~200 Semipalmated Plovers and a handful of Least Sandpipers and Dunlin at Stratford Point.

The Point is temporarily closed to the public for some ongoing restoration work, but I'm posting since these same birds may show up at some of the other shorebird spots in the area.  I also had 2 Common Terns fly by.  I had a Spotted Sandpiper yesterday.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut