[CT Birds] Westport Audubon Society

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Wed May 6 17:00:34 EDT 2015

I just read this in today's Norwalk Hour.
It is from a column called "The Way We Were" by Francis X. Fay and it is from a piece written April 29th 1965.

" A contingent of Westport Audubon Society members invades Goose Island on Sunday to spread rat poison around to deter the ravenous pests from inhibiting the annual arrival of terns, the handsome aquatic birds which once lived prolifically on the 1.5-acre island, but disappeared last year and society members fear it might have been because of an invasion of rats who swam from other islands."

Larry Flynn
Norwalk