[CT Birds] Naugatuck SF, Naugatuck

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu May 7 17:51:12 EDT 2015

With a lot of walking I managed 15 species of warblers, fifty species total, at the Hunters Mountain section of Naugatuck State Forest.  Nothing unexpected, but I lost track of how many singing Hooded Warblers were around (six at a bare minimum), and every bit of suitable habitat* had singing Chestnut-sided Warblers.  New years birds for me included Scarlet Tanager and Worm-eating Warbler.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

*With the logging of the last few years that was a lot more than five years ago.