[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest; FOY Rt Hummingbirds, more Canada Wrblrs

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri May 8 14:21:14 EDT 2015

Birds very active today, more of some species still coming in.  4 Canada
Warblers singing today. There are far more Least Flycatchers in more  places
than I've ever found before. First two Hummers on the same day  I got my
first one at home. In some places there were so many birds singing that  I had
real trouble picking out what I heard.
More black flies than I think I've ever seen there too. Very  hot for the
Yale Forest. Car said 85 by the time I left.

Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Windham, US-CT
May 8, 2015 7:30 AM - 12:15  PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
55 species (+1 other  taxa)

Canada Goose  2
Wood Duck  1
Mallard   3
Great Blue Heron  1
Turkey Vulture  1
Mourning Dove   3
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  2     FOY in  BH
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  3
Downy Woodpecker  2
Hairy  Woodpecker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  1