[CT Birds] Cape May Warbler +

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sat May 9 16:02:00 EDT 2015

from Tom Auer, Phil Rusch, and Glenn Williams:5/9/15 - East rock Park was very slow but we did have a singing male CAPE MAY WARBLER down the paved road from the upper parking lot.At Shell Beach in Guilford, we had a PILEATED WOODPECKER and some Semipalmated Sandpipers, three Short-billed Dowitchers, and a Bobolink (thanks, Nick) among other things.  None of us could remember having a pileated so close to the Sound and it flew off toward it.At East River marsh in Madison, we had the previously reported male BOAT-TAILED GRACKLE and a CLAPPER RAIL.A LITTLE BLUE HERON was on Tuxis Island in Madison.Hammonasset was very slow.
Glenn WilliamsMystic