[CT Birds] Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, May 9, 2015

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sat May 9 18:29:32 EDT 2015

Hamden, near upper Lake Whitney, Arthur Shippee

In honor of the May 9th big day, a pretty good day.  Earlier, Mary had 2 Wood Thrush, on Waite St. above Whitney ("Wood Thrush Hill") and in the Hamden Land Trust lot, Mather x Servoss, & I had a Phoebe:  37 species for the day.  Best birding for me for a while -- D.g.!

Notables:  Osprey nest N. of Waite Bridge:  material & osprey sitting in it -- !  First ever nesting there, after many many years.  Perhaps 3 Baltimore Oriole nest areas;  2 spots with Orchard Orioles -- let's hope!  Nice views of Great Crested Flycatcher.  It may be a good year for Kingbirds, 2 or 3 places.

Link to some photos to follow.

Begin forwarded message: