[CT Birds] Bradley Airport PIPING PLOVER

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:34:21 EDT 2015

I just got a report with photo from Rollin Tebbets at Bradley Airport
in Windsor Locks of a PIPING PLOVER seen on the property today. He
mentioned that it flew northeast so is probably no longer in the area.
I don't recall any recent inland records off the top of my head, and
there are none entered in eBird. Since my brain and eBird contain only
a tiny fraction of the history of bird sightings in CT, other more
comprehensive and historical resources should be checked. I am at work
right now and my resources are limited. Great find by Rollin.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT