[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, 5-6-15: FOY S Tanager, Rb Grosbeak, Am Redstart

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed May 6 18:44:21 EDT 2015

A very  slow start today with cool temps, cloudy skies  with occasional
sprinkles, and absolutely no wind. A lot of the birds were quiet  and those
that did sing seemed to do so at half volume. There were also NO  insects, in
contrast to the last few days, and I wonder if that contributed to  the
But around 10:30 the sun showed through the clouds, a little  breeze picked
up and the black flies went hunting. At that point the birds woke  up too
and were soon numerous and loud. I stop before leaving Boston Hollow Rd  to
put away my equipment and found quite a few birds at the intersection with
Eastford Rd., including my FOY Redstart. 60 species.
Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Windham, US-CT
May 6, 2015 7:40 AM - 1:30  PM
Protocol: Traveling
12.0 mile(s)
60 species