[CT Birds] Osprey Ridgefield today

Kevin Doyle kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Thu May 7 19:22:15 EDT 2015

While checking out the arrival of warblers at the Ridgefield Open Space area on Rt.7 off Sheapaug Turnpike ... a female osprey flew over and landed no more than 50 feet away from where I was set up. She was virtually overhead where accessing a capture was difficult.  She hung around long enough for me to reposition to get my shots. With fresh leaves on the trees and blue skies these might be my best osprey captures to date. I repositioned again to shoot her face forward. She did some wild head bobs and made a few strange sounds then pushed off.

This is the 1st osprey that I've seen so far away from the sound . Can any of the osprey watchers let me know if there are nests in the Ridgefield/Redding/Wilton area.

She may have just been passing through but it was a nice surprise since the warblers weren't overly active.

Tarrywile spent several hours with the bobolinks this morning.  Was surprised that for the most part these guys were very agreeing giving me ample photo ops.  Followed a group of 15 mainly males I guess all seeking ladies.

Kevindoyleo1 at charter.net

Thanks to the young lady who helped me out with Sellecks Woods. Friday I make my 1st visit ... hope to see my fill of warblers.

Sent from Blue Mail