[CT Birds] Hammonasset West End

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Sat May 9 14:39:26 EDT 2015

Does anyone know what is going on at Hammonasset?  The entire west end past the Swan Pond is blocked off with a huge chain link fence - State sign says "west end improvements."  This includes half the grassy field between the west end  paved parking lot and the dirt parking lot across from the swan pond.  I hope the grassy areas are not about to be paved over.  Sorry if I missed something but it is a complete surprise to me.  Any info would be appreciated.

Dan Rottino
East Haddam, CT