[CT Birds] Fwd: Hammonasset West End

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:33:24 EDT 2015

See below for what is on their website.  As far as I know, they plan a new
nature center and a rebuild of the bath houses that were damaged by
Hurricane Sandy.  COA representatives met with them 1.5 years ago to ask
about the environmental disturbance, especially the grassy parking areas
and received assurances that they would not be paved.  We hope to have
another meeting with them soon on a number of issues.

"Construction during 2015 Season: Throughout the 2015 camping season there
will be major construction activity in the West Beach area of Hammonasset
Beach State Park which may result in audible disturbances. We are working
with the contractors to minimize such disturbance, but cannot guarantee
that campers will not hear noise coming from the West Beach Area."

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut