[CT Birds] Eurasian Collared-Dove

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon May 11 07:55:48 EDT 2015

5/11/15-Stratford- Second Avenue-Eurasian Collared-Dove- found this morning on the telephone wire in front of #415 Second Avenue before seeing it fly off toward southwest. I have been unable to relocate it as yet but it is in the area.Photos obtained via my scope and iPhone.Looks good for Eurasian Collared-Dove and I was able to see it chase off a Mourning Dove which was noticeably smaller. The bird apparently has been in the area for about a week and has frequented the feeders of a homeowner on Second Avenue. Foggy here now but conditions should improve and I suspect it can be relocated.please respect the residents in the neighborhood.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone