[CT Birds] 1500 miles! Blackpoll Warblers: Tiny bird, Huge Journey | JSTOR Daily

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Mon May 11 13:42:00 EDT 2015

As we look at our beautiful visitors, marvel as what they have accomplished!

http://daily.jstor.org/blackpoll-warblers-tiny-bird-huge-journey/

As spring migration kicks off, new research shows that tiny blackpoll warblers have the capacity to make a 1,500 mile, non-stop flight over the Atlantic. The warblers spend their winters in Northern South America and their summers in Northeastern North America, so an over-water flight is the most direct route between the two locations.