[CT Birds] Big Weekend starts today

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri May 15 03:45:38 EDT 2015

A reminder that Audubon's Big Weekend Bird-A-Thon starts today.  If anyone has any lingering waterfowl (except say Mallard, Black Duck, Brant or the usual suspects)  I'd love to hear about them and a direct email to pcomins at audubon.org would be helpful

http://wxedge.com/2015/04/27/audubons-big-weekend-bird-a-thon-is-coming-up/Part of the intent of Big Weekend is to raise funds for our bird conservation work in Connecticut and any funds contributed stay right here in Connecticut and support our conservation activities here.

There is breaking news in that regard:

Anyone who donates $500 or more to the Audubon Connecticut<https://www.facebook.com/AudubonCT> Bird Conservation Bird-a-Thon this weekend will receive a print of the watercolor "Hiding out in North Caicos" by Important Bird Area Program Coordinator, Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe. Print is 10"x13". Follow this secure link to make your tax-deductible donation

:https://give.audubon.org/Giving/Page/67/1/67.

All donations are greatly appreciated!!! THANK YOU!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153219410805485&set=a.10150336025845485.351838.501065484&type=1

Finally, this is the peak of bird migration so be sure to get out and do some birding this weekend and if you get anything good post it here and/or ebird your results!

Thank you!

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation