[CT Birds] Big Day Scouting Info requested

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Sat May 16 11:58:29 EDT 2015

Hi All,

It's time! Once again the Connecticut Audubon Society's Big Day Birding Team, the Raven Luna-ticks (Nick Bonomo, Patrick Dugan, Frank Gallo, Dave Tripp, and Fran Zygmont) will be chasing our elusive 200 species goal in order to raise money for the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point. As always, we need your help. Over the years, the Connecticut birding community has been very generous, both in providing sightings of birds, and with pledges to support the Coastal Center.  We thank you for all your support.

If you are able to provide sightings of the following list of birds, it would be most helpful. All nests will be kept confidential and not disturbed. We are in need of nesting locations of raptors, especially Broad-winged and Sharp-shinned hawks, lingering waterfowl (snow goose, either teal, either scaup, pintail, gadwall, wigeon, bufflehead, long-tailed duck - pretty much anything that isn't a Mallard or Black Duck, Sora, King and Virginia Rails, Barn or Great Horned Owl nests, coot,  gallinule, Common Nighthawk, lingering snipe, Lesser Yellowlegs, Stilt Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper, Whimbrel, Red Knot, Ruddy Turnstones, White-eyed Vireos, Acadian Flycatchers, Eastern Meadowlarks on territory, lingering siskins, and any vagrants. I'm sure I missed a few, so anything that seems out of the ordinary could be useful.

Anyone wishing to make a pledge can download the form from our webpage at www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org>. Just go to the Coastal Center's page and click on the link. We'll also have an online donation page up on Monday  that will be linked to our webpage as well.

Thank you in advance, and again for your help.

Sincerely,

Frank Gallo, Associate Director
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center
1 Milford Point Road, Milford 06460