[CT Birds] Swallow-Tailed Kite, Rocky Hill, 5/16

mresch8702 at aol.com mresch8702 at aol.com
Sun May 17 06:47:43 EDT 2015

Passing along this sighting (unfortunately it wasn't MY sighting) -

My brother saw a Swallow-tailed Kite at 2:30 on 5/16 while he was driving north on I-91 just north of the Route 9 interchange in Rocky Hill.  The bird was flying low over the highway, and is of course one of the easiest birds to identify while driving at highway speeds.  He is very familiar with this species - we have seen it together several times while birding in the southeast.

So it looks like at least one of these birds is still in the area.

Mike Resch
www.statebirding.blogspot.com
Pepperell, MA