[CT Birds] CT Young Birders Club - Trip Announcement

Peter Thompson pthompson234 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 07:52:39 EDT 2015

On May 23rd, the Connecticut Young Birders Club will be heading out to
River Road and surrounding areas for some great migration birding! River
Road in Kent is one of Connecticut’s premier warbler locations. Located on
the western edge of the state, it is home to an abundance of nesting
warblers. Most notable are the Cerulean Warbler and Hooded Warbler.
Worm-eating, Blue-winged and many others can also be seen. According to
eBird, River Road yields at least a dozen warbler species per checklist on
average. Other possible spots we may visit include the Macedonia Road
Bridge, a possible location for Cliff Swallow, and Schaighticoke Road, home
to another great array of nesting warblers. Unfortunately, I will not be
there, but it will be an excellent trip full of colorful birds to see! We
will meet at River Road at 7:30 AM. And any young birders are welcome;
we’re always happy to meet new birders!

Peter Thompson
Secretary