[CT Birds] Fairfield/Easton Highlights

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 16:07:03 EDT 2015

Aidan Kiley and I enjoyed a fairly productive day birding parts of both
Fairfield and Easton. As has been a theme this year, we found things to be
frustratingly slow warbler-wise (still have yet to see or hear Blackburnian
for the year!). Despite the dearth of warblers, we were able to come away
with a nice list of highlights, in the form of both breeders and migrants:

Lake Mohegan, Fairfield:
1 GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH, 2 SWAINSON'S THRUSH, 1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW, 1 Orchard
Oriole.

Grace Richardson Open Space, Fairfield:
1 White-eyed Vireo, 1 Least Flycatcher.

Trout Brook Valley Conservation Area, Easton:
1 BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO, 2 ACADIAN FLYCATCHER, 1 Yellow-throated Vireo, 3
Worm-eating Warbler.

Aspetuck Reservoir--North End, Easton:
2 Broad-winged Hawk, 2 Brown Creeper.

Of note: we missed the Alder Flycatcher at Aspetuck Cemetery, despite
putting in a half hour there. Midday probably isn't the best time to go
looking for that bird.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield