[CT Birds] 1500 miles! Blackpoll Warblers: Tiny bird, Huge Journey | JSTOR Daily

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Mon May 11 13:42:00 EDT 2015

As we look at our beautiful visitors, marvel as what they have accomplished!

As spring migration kicks off, new research shows that tiny blackpoll warblers have the capacity to make a 1,500 mile, non-stop flight over the Atlantic. The warblers spend their winters in Northern South America and their summers in Northeastern North America, so an over-water flight is the most direct route between the two locations.