[CT Birds] Southward: Thanks, CTbirds!

Jonah Cohen jonahc at cox.net
Mon May 11 21:15:07 EDT 2015

Greetings, fellow birders. I hope you won't mind a brief personal note...

Later this week, I'm moving south. Way south, to Birmingham AL (and a new gig at the McWane Science Center). The good news: odds of adding Prothonotary Warbler to the lifelist have risen dramatically. Bad news: feeding the insatiable beast that is The Boxes as we pack. Also, saying goodbye to CT, including it's cool birds, and cool birding community, ie all of you.

The CTbirding list has been great, helping me locate rarities (or just birds I wanted to see), get a feel for the zeitgeist of how the birds were, and learn a great deal. To everyone here: thank you.

Jonah Cohen