[CT Birds] Bent of the River birding

Audubon Bent bentoftheriver at gmail.com
Tue May 12 12:46:40 EDT 2015

The birding is picking up slowly at the Bent of the River.  I heard 15
species of warblers during a mid-morning walk. There are some apple trees
in bloom still, and more nesting species setting up now.

The best bird of the morning was a WHITE-EYED VIREO who was very vocal in
the first Cedar Field.  The rest of the Cedar Fields area was full of
Prairie Warblers, Blue-winged Warblers, and Indigo Buntings.

3 ACADIAN FLYCATCTHERS have also returned to their usual spots along the
Pootatuck Road and Cascades trails.  an EASTERN WOOD PEWEE was also singing
along the Cascades Trail.

In my neighborhood in Shelton, there were 2 or 3 Blackpoll Warblers,
Baltimore Orioles, and Great-crested Flycatchers moving through.

Good birding,
Ken Elkins
Shelton, CT