[CT Birds] White-faced Ibis, Clinton

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:48:12 EDT 2015

Thanks to Mickey Komara's post about the ibis flock behind Indian River Cemetery in Clinton, I went to check out the spot today. At around 630pm there was a WHITE-FACED IBIS in the marsh. There are about 95 ibis in one view, but the White-faced (and an unidentified second ibis) were separate from the main flock. This particular WFIB is an adult in full alternate plumage with a bright and broad white face. Very easy to pick out.

Interestingly, in the main flock is a banded Glossy Ibis. White 3-letter band on left upper leg. Just out of reach of my vision, but I tried to digiscope and will check the images later. If readable I will report the results back.

Thanks again for the ibis report Mickey. Listserv use at its finest.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT

Sent from my iPhone