[CT Birds] Crow behavior

Kevin Doyle kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Thu May 14 19:04:46 EDT 2015

Today at Tarrywile in Danbury I noticed 2 large objects atop of course a tree. It wasn't until I put the 600mm on it that I was looking at 2 crows. One was just sitting on the branch while the other one was picking away at it's breast just under the beak. At first I thought it was possibly dead or impaled but ??? How could it hold on. This went on for better than 10 minutes when both birds sort of repositioned themselves and the action began again.  I'd say nearly 20-25 minutes then I moved on. Could this have anything to do with mating in that the male needs to prove his worthiness?

Wednesday @ Bent many Indigo Buntings and on the river I witnessed a pair of Mergansers mating on the water pretty wild.

New Milford
Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from Blue Mail