[CT Birds] 4th town for White-eyed Vireo, Waterford

David F Provencher (Generation - 4) david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon May 18 09:27:36 EDT 2015

The traditional breeder is finally back on the access road to Millstone Point this morning, which is the 4th town for White-eyed Vireo for me over the past couple of days. All spots I mentioned are known breeding locales, so it was presumed a female accompanied, or will be accompanying, the males again this year. For whatever reason, it is one of my favorite birdsong to hear each Spring and I was privileged to have the Norwich bird sing in the open within 4 feet of me for several minutes. One of the perks of birding very quietly and solo I guess! Another spot to check for White-eyed Vireo is very near the reported Salem bird, and conceivably represents the same pair. Where Rte 11 terminates on Rte 82 there has been a breeder in the scrub around the deck of the unused overpass in previous years.

Dave Provencher

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect.  The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it.  Thank you.