[CT Birds] Mourning Warbler at Trowbridge this morning

Florence McBride michael.mcbride at yale.edu
Fri May 22 11:19:30 EDT 2015

May 22 - New Haven, East Rock Park:  The beautiful male Mourning Warbler was seen near the bridge on Trowbridge Drive, at about 9:40 or so this morning, by John Gondek, me, and several others.  We located it when it sang, though the song wasn't exactly what we would have expected.  When we saw it, the bird was on the east (south?) side of the bridge area (i.e., on the left as you face the bridge with your back to Farnam Drive), and it gave us some very good looks for quite a few minutes -- what a pleasure.

Florence McBride
Hamden