[CT Birds] Wingbeats of a common nighthawk on the Quinnebaug River (Jewett City)

Brian Williams brianw15th2v at att.net
Sat May 23 05:59:38 EDT 2015

Along the Quinnebaug River in Jewett City Bourogh Friday evening near the treatment facility one common nighthawk (identified by size and wingbeat) flew in from upriver at 20:00.  Maybe ten swifts were flying nearby so it appears I have missed any larger migrating number of swifts arriving over downtown as they disperse further through the Pachaug River watershed.  More than twenty pheobes, tree swallows, yellow warblers, finches, and catbirds.  Smaller numbers of robins, red-eyed vireos, mourning doves, and purple fiches present.  Several northern rough-winged swallows seen together, one eastern kingbird paused on a wire above me.

Brian Williams