[CT Birds] Mourning Warbler, Olive-sided Flycatcher at Trout Brook Valley, Fairfield County.

Jeremy Nance nance.jeremy at gmail.com
Sun May 24 11:52:26 EDT 2015

Although there weren’t many migrants today, I managed to find a couple of
interesting birds at Trout Brook Valley Conservation Area.  Just north of
the Bradley Road parking area about 100 yards up the white trail, I saw a
male MOURNING WARBLER early this morning.   It was at the edge of the
riparian area singing from a low branch.  There was also a singing
BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO nearby.  Later in the morning, Will Huber and I saw an
OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER sallying for insects from a bare branch at the top
of a tree near the northern entrance to the orchard, off the pink trail.
It stuck around the whole time we were there, and while we were watching
it, an adult BALD EAGLE flew over carrying a fish.  Closer to the Elm
street parking area we had single BLACKBURNIAN, CHESTNUT-SIDED, and

Jeremy Nance
Easton, CT