[CT Birds] Swing and a miss on Big Weekend

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue May 26 12:20:04 EDT 2015

 I'm working on the overall Big Weekend tally for all birds seen by all observers in CT over the period of May 15-17th.  Is anyone aware of any sightings of the following species over that Friday-Sunday period?  Right now the overall tally stands at 200 species plus Lawrence's Warbler and Gray-cheeked/Bicknell's Thrush.   Thanks!

(has anyone else noticed that eBird is incredibly slow of late?)

American Wigeon

Blue-winged Teal

Northern Shoveler

Northern Pintail

Green-winged Teal

Canvasback

Ring-necked Duck

Lesser Scaup

Common Goldeneye

Pied-billed Grebe

Red-necked Grebe

Northern Gannet

Great Cormorant

Least Bittern

Tricolored Heron

Hybrid tricolored x Little Blue

Cattle Egret

Swallow-tailed Kite

Mississippi Kite

Northern Goshawk

King Rail

Sora (there is one eBird report from Manchester, but with no details)

Common Gallinule

American Coot

Sandhill Crane

Purple Sandpiper

Western Sandpiper

Wilson's Phalarope

Bonaparte's Gull

Iceland Gull

Lesser Black-backed Gull

Glaucous Gull

Caspian Tern

Black Tern

Barn Owl

Long-eared Owl

Northern Saw-whet Owl

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (one report in ebird, but no details given)

Horned Lark

Golden-crowned Kinglet

Ruby--crowned Kinglet

Gray-cheeked Thrush (a few sightings, which I logged as Gray-cheeked/Bicknells)

Bicknell's Thrush

American Pipit

Golden-winged Warbler

Brewster's Warbler

Prothonotary Warbler

Kentucky Warbler

Palm Warbler (too many sightings from early May to pick one out from over big weekend)

Yellow-breasted Chat

Clay-colored Sparrow

Nelson's Sparrow

Lincoln's Sparrow