[CT Birds] Information on Mourning Warbler

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Thu May 28 06:38:11 EDT 2015

Yesterday, Penny Solum and I found the Mourning Warbler in Shelton at the
same spot at which it had been singing on Tuesday. I recorded its song by
taking a video with my "point and shoot" camera and sent the video to Dr.
Jay Pitoccelli at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire. Dr
Pitoccelli was able to create a sonogram from the video and determined that
the Mourning Warbler in Shelton had the Newfoundland song type.

 Here is a link to Dr.Pitoccelli's study which contains information on what
he is doing and how you can help:

http://birding.aba.org/message.php?mesid=937875&MLID=&MLNM=New%20Brunswick

Charlie Barnard Jr
Stratford