[CT Birds] White Pelican

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Sat May 30 23:51:16 EDT 2015

I really enjoyed doing the White Pelican sea watch today from Norwalk's Calf Pasture Beach, if only for the hour plus that I was able to put in.
As fate would have it, Tina and others put the extra time in and patiently stuck it out, I on the other hand, had to leave my perch to get back to my yard work.
Curse's are with me and this species in CT, as I just arrive home when Tina calls to say that they have it at Sherwood, then Preston reports it from Compo moving out to Cockenoe. This would have been right in front of my nose from the Calf Pasture Pier
Aggh! What happen's in forty minutes, not that I am a lister but dang I missed this CT species again, I clearly have much better luck with Brown Boobies in these parts.
Oh well, the yard looks great, the bee's, butterflies and hummers are enjoying it's fruits and flowers, now if I can only get one of those pelicans to pay attention to our Koi Pond!

Larry Flynn