[CT Birds] Habitat for State Endangered Species at Quinebaug WMAs & Silver Sands State Park at Risk!

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Jun 3 19:02:46 EDT 2015

Habitat for State Endangered Species at Quinebaug WMAs & Silver Sands State Park at Risk!

ACT TONIGHT! Tell your lawmakers to protect the valuable natural resources on our state conservation lands from development!

More than 800 concerned residents signed Audubon CT's petition against the proposed transfer of portions of the Centennial Forest to Fairfield, Silver Sands State Park to Milford and allow two private sand and gravel mining companies (one of them O&G) to build long term haul roads across sensitive habitats areas in the Quinebaug Wildlife Management Area in eastern Connecticut, habitat for state endangered Spade foot toad and other species. Thanks to your voices, these provisions are being removed from the Annual Conveyance Bill, H.B. 6998. (Centennial Forest is already out!)

We're down to the wire. The 2015 CT General Assembly Session is slated to end at midnight. The vote count on the budget is close and that's creating opportunities for horse-trading, including state conservation lands. Our state parks and conservation lands are at risk once again.

In particular, we're hearing about last-ditch efforts to include the controversial Quinebaug sand and gravel mining provisions in various budget or other bills that must be voted on before the General Assembly ends at midnight.

The clock is ticking! TAKE ACTION NOW<http://ct.audubonaction.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=56962.0>! Contact your lawmakers and tell them to protect our state's conservation lands from transfer and development!  Here's a sample message: