[CT Birds] Looking for Private, Municipal or Non-profit-Owned Forests to Assess for Bird Habitat

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Jun 8 18:22:34 EDT 2015

Greetings from the Forest for the Birds Team!
You Know your woods are important and the birds know it too!  Audubon Connecticut is conducting habitat assessments to census current songbird and forest habitat conditions on your property free of charge, funded through a generous grant by the United States Forest Service.  To qualify you need a minimum of 10 forested acres of privately owned land.  An Audubon Conservation Biologist and Certified Foresters from the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station and Ferruci and Walicki, LLC will visit your property during the spring or summer months.  The program is exciting and you will learn a lot about the forest and birds on your property during the field visit.  Following the field inventory, we put the information into a confidential written report along with management options and considerations aimed at enhancing, maintaining, and/or creating quality habitat on your property.
We are excited to share that last year we assessed over 6,000 acres in Connecticut and influenced management with landowners that own or control over 60,000 acres.  We are still accepting applications from landowners to have assessments done this year. With your help we know we can make an even bigger impact on forest bird habitat in Connecticut in 2015.  Help leave a lasting conservation legacy for generations to follow.
If you are interested in having an assessment done please follow the link below and fill out an online questionnaire.

Thank You,
The Forests for the Birds Team
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CqQ5CtR2MjlAnENfjsjof_wSxowjeXYkyzHuYiilu1g/viewform
P.S. here is a link to the Forest For the Birds Program  http://ct.audubon.org/forest-birds